My name is Griffin. I was a Turubian Wolf, but my brother and I got kicked out of the pack about a moon ago. My legs ache. I feel as if there is no reason to live anymore. I'm just a small pup: lost and hungry, wandering these plains looking for a home. A home where I can live a happy life.
The land I am wandering is lifeless and dry. Nothing lives here. Will I starve? Will I ever see my family again? Will I survive? All these questions and pass through my mind - one thought coming up after another. These plains are called Altia, which means 'A bearing waste land'. There are hundreds of holes in the ground. I check every hole for signs of life or food. Every hole in the ground is empty. I still need to check that hole by the cactus. I walk by and collapse. "So tired," I say out loud.
What was that? It sounds like a wolf yet strangely different.
"Get down," says a voice coming from the hole near the cactus.
"Where do I hide?" I ask.
"Over here."
"Over where?" I bent down to get into the hole. YUCK! It smells disgusting! I heard the voice sigh. Then, I felt a paw wrap around my leg and start pulling me into the hole
"No, not there, here!!!"
"Where is here?"
"The hole, you wolf!"
I walk over to the hole I was having the conversation with.
"Here?" I ask. "Yes," says the voice.
"It looks a little small."
"It widens out, now get in here the shadows are coming. I can hear them."
"Okay, if you say so, Mr. Talking hole."
I bent down to get into the hole. YUCK! It still smelt disgusting! I heard the voice sigh. Then, I felt a paw wrap around my leg and start pulling me into the hole! Was this my fate? Being pulled into a hole, never to see the light again?

No comments:
Post a Comment