Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Chapter 4 - A Familiar Eye

  A flash of lightning revealed a wolf above a female wolf, raising it's paw to strike. "No," I shouted. But as I ran the figures got farther away, preventing me from getting near. The attacker raised it's claw and struck! "No," I shouted once more, knowing it would not help. I can not bear see another wolf get heart by it's own kind. I rushed toward the figures as fast as my paws could carry me. This time I was able to catch up. I looked at the attacker as he started flee. He turned his head, and I saw something familiar. Then, the attacker ran into brush.
   I bent over the dying wolf;` she was suffering from a deep gash in her belly. "What?" I shouted, realizing this was a wolf I knew. Then, I saw another wolf. He had green eyes and a gray coat. He also had a cut on his left ear. This wolf appeared to be only a pup. I saw the pup turn and chase another wolf pup. But the other pup kept on running, the chaser fell into the mud. As quick as he fell another deadly wolf jumped upon him. The attacker gave him a bite in the shoulder. I could hear his yowl from where I was standing.
   I heard coughing. I turned to look at the female wolf, her eyes were closing, her breath was shallow. I stepped back knowing that this wolf was dead, or was going to be.
   "Griffin! Griffin!" I feel a violent shaking. I opened my eyes and I saw Phoenix. It was just a dream.
    I know that shadowy creature we saw the day before. It was Cobra! I know the dying wolf, it was my mom. That pup that slipped was Swamp...... My mom was dead.........
   Was Swamp alive? Is Swamp alive? Where is Swamp? How was that shadowy creature Cobra?

1 comment:

  1. I think that "dieing" is spelt, "dying", by the way. But Otherwise, the story has great description!!!!! I like how it sounds so mysterious, unlike other books that sound fake and just tell you what's going to happen. Awesome!!!!!!!
    ~ JC

    ReplyDelete